Local Technology Grant
Moody ISD teachers may apply for funding to assist them in securing technology for integration into their classroom instruction. Research in Digital Age Learning shows that when technology is implemented effectively with the curriculum, learning is enhanced in powerful ways. Technology resources can provide teachers and their students with:
- Access to up-to-date, primary source material,
- Methods of collecting and recording data,
- Ways to collaborate with students, teachers, and experts around the world,
- Opportunities for expressing understanding via images, sound, and text,
- Learning that is relevant and assessment that is authentic, and
- Training for publishing and presenting their new knowledge.
As part of this technology grant initiative, Moody ISD makes a commitment to the SAMR model. The Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition model offers a method of seeing how computer technology impacts teaching and learning.